Welcome back to Foodie Souls.
Well, Summers are here and so is the king of fruits. So today the recipe which I am gonna share with you guys is the soft and creamy Mango-Vanilla Pudding. Though this was my first attempt to make this one, earlier I have also shared the similar kind of recipe with you all which was Eggless Choco Pudding. I keep on trying new flavours which I can share with you guys. So without any further detail lets get into the recipe.
Ingredients you will need (Serves 3-4):
For Mango layer:
- Agar-agar/ gelatin/ china grass: 1 tsp
- Hot water: 2 tbsp
- Mango Puree: 2 cups (1 cup = 250ml)
For Cream layer:
- Milk: 1 cup, full cream
- Agar-agar/gelatin: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1/2 cup, powdered
- Cream: 1 cup (I have used Amul Fresh Cream)
- Vanilla essence/ extract: 1 tsp
- Salt: a pinch
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 tsp of agar-agar/ gelatin and add 2 tbsp of hot water.
- Mix well and dissolve the agar-agar completely
- Further, add 2 cups of Mango Puree (I have used Langra aam, but can take any mango of your choice)
- Mix well making sure the pulp gets mixed up with agar- agar uniformly
- Now, take a service glass or bowl and tilt it slightly.
- Pour the prepared mixture till it reaches the rim
- Now refrigerate it for 2-3 hours or overnight, till it sets completely.
- After 2 hours, make sure that the mango layer has set, and now start preparing for the vanilla mixture
- Heat up the milk in a vessel and add 1 tsp of agar-agar/gelatin and whisk well
- Cook the milk in low-medium till it steams (but do not boil)
- Later add 1 cup of cream and whisk well
- Now add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla essence and a pinch of salt
- Whisk till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Let the milk cool down for 10-15 mins before pouring it into the glass
- Pour the cooled milk into the glass or bowl till the rim
- Refrigerate it for 2-3 hours again or overnight, or until it sets completely
- Finally, garnish it with some chopped mangoes and a spring of mint leaf
- Enjoy your Mango Pannacotta or Mango Pudding.
- Firstly, do not boil the milk, just heat till it steams up, else milk might curdle.
- Also, stir the milk continuously else agar- agar will settle at bottom and burns.
- Furthermore, if using gelatin, make sure its neutral flavoured.
- If you feel the mango puree is too thick, strain it before pouring into the glass.
I hope you all liked the recipe and would give it a try. Do let me know how it turned out by posting me in on Instagram/ Facebook/Twitter with #foodiesouls. I would love to know your feedback in the comment section below.
Until then keep smiling 🙂