Hey Guys, Welcome back to Foodie Souls.
Don’t you all think we have been cooking a lot of desserts lately, so finally I decided to slow down our sweet-tooth desires and try out something healthy and delicious. A nice and yummy Beetroot Rice (Pulao). Packed with Vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals, this is my go-to recipe which I love to make and pack away as my lunch. And being healthy and nutritious at the same time, I didn’t need to worry about my calorie count too 😉 😉
So without blabbering much and keep on praising about it, let’s learn how to make it…
Ingredients you will need: (3-4 servings)
- Rice: 250 gms (Soaked for 30 mins)
- Beetroot: 2 pcs (nicely grated)
- Peas: 100 gms (blanched)
- Onions: 2 pcs (thinly sliced)
- Beans: 100 gms (chopped evenly)
- Olive Oil: 2 tbsp
- Ginger/Garlic paste: 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaf (Tez pata): 1 pcs
- Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini): 1 pcs
- Cardamom (Choti Elaichi): 2-3 pcs
- Mace (Javitri): 1 pcs
- Cloves (Loong): 2-3 pcs
- Asafoetida (Hing): a pinch
- Red Chilli Powder: To taste
- Salt: To taste
- Coriander Leaves: To garnish
- Take a large pan and heat the oil, then add cumin seeds, asafoetida, bay leaf, cinnamon, mace, cardamom, and cloves. Let it cook for a min.
- Once you can smell the aroma, add ginger-garlic paste and cook it for another 30 secs, once done add the onions. Let it cook until it turns slight pink in color.
- Then add your peas, beans, and grated beetroot, cook until everything combines evenly. After this add-in the spices, let the mixture cook for 5 mins on low heat
- Once the mixture is cooked, add the rice and 2 cups of water.
- Cover it with a lid, and let the rice to be cooked for 7-8 mins. Keep a check in between.
- When the water is completely soaked, check whether the rice is done or not. Once done empty it in a bowl and garnish it with some coriander.
- Serve hot with chilled Raita
I hope you enjoy reading this recipe and will try this yourself. If you have a little one at your home, then this could be the perfect tiffin snack for him/her.So do try this and let me know shall be waiting for your feedback and comments.
Till then Keep Smiling 🙂