Hey guys, I am back again with an exciting recipe for you all..Since Christmas has arrived and we all are in the mood of merry-making so I guess none of us would mind some Caramel Pudding on our plates. I know its sound fancy that how perfectly can we make the pudding at home, but trust me it’s not a rocket science and you won’t regret trying these yourself.Its that simple and easy.
So, if your answer is a YES to the above queries..then keep on reading…
Ingredients you will need: (Serves 2-3)
- Milk: 2 Cups
- Fresh Cream: 50 ml (I used Amul Fresh Cream)
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence: 2-3 drops
- Agar-Agar powder/ Vegetarian Gelatin: 15 gms
- Sugar: 3-4 tbsp
- Take a pan, put it on a low flame and add milk, cream, vanilla essence, sugar and agar agar powder
- Whisk until the agar agar powder and the sugar dissolves
- Bring it to a boil, and cook it on a low flame for 2-3 mins
- Now take another pan for the Caramel, put it on a low flame
- Add the sugar: let it dissolve by itself
- Once the sugar is nicely dissolved, you will see a nice and golden caramel in the pan
- As, all your elements are ready its time to set the pudding
- Take a ceramic bowl, grease it with little oil and pour a spoonful of caramel on the base of the bowl and give it a swirl, so it will coat the bowl evenly
- Now add the milk into this bowl, and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours and allow it to set
- Once the pudding sets, take it out and give it a light press around the corners of the pudding to demold it perfectly
- Now take a plate and put it above the bowl, and turn it upside down, you will see a nice and fluffy pudding on your plate with a lovely caramel on top
- Scoop out the excess caramel all over the pudding and Voila, its ready
- Serve Chilled.
Sounds like need to do a lot, but believe me it won’t take you much time and the end result is delicious. In case you guys are wondering where can you find agar agar powder/gelatin, it can be easily found at any nearby grocery store if not you all can also check out Spencer’s for the same. Now, I hope all your queries must have been answered and will surely gonna try these at home.
I hope you will love it and shall share your experience with me. I would love to know your feedback and comments, until then keep on smiling.