Hello everyone, I am back again with yet another recipe which you can relish this Diwali. For all the sweets lover out there, today I am sharing with you all Moong dal Halwa. With its boom of flavours and rich texture its surely gonna steal hearts for many of your family and friends. To know the recipe, keep reading…
Ingredients you will need: (Serves 3-4)
- Gram flour (Besan): 2tbsp
- Green gram whole (Dhuli moong ki Dal): 300 gms
- Sugar: 1 Cup
- Milk: 250 gms
- Cardamon powder: 1 tbsp (optional)
- Yellow food colouring
- Ghee: 1 Cup
- Almonds for garnishing
- Soak the moong dal overnight to be prepared to make the halwa.
- Now, strain the moong dal and let it try for few minutes, once it dry convert it to smooth fine paste. (If the batter is to thick add few drops of water to adjust the consistency)
- Heat a large pan and add 2-3 big spoon of ghee, then add 2 tbsp of besan and give it a mix, then gradually add moong dal batter into it.
- Give it a through mix until it turns out medium brown in colour. (You have to be really quick and keep stiring the batter for long)
- On the other side take some warm milk and add sugar along with a pinch of yellow food colouring into it.
- As soon as your halwa mixture turns medium brown and the ghee starts separating from the pan add the milk mixture and stir again thoroughly.
- Stir, stir, stir…
- The halwa will reach to a stage were it will be all lumpy and won’t be sticking to your pan either, but remember you have to be consistent and continue stiring until it halwa mixture becomes completely dry and soft.
- After this is done add the cardamon powder to the halwa and garnish it with some almonds.
- Serve hot.
So, I hope you all like it and shall try this yummy desert this festive season. Do let me know how it turned out for you. Till then keep smiling.
[P.S: You really need a strong hand to make this, it requires lots of stiring :P]